Sunday, August 14, 2005

teh r0XX0r

It was my birthday on friday, and I had the most wonderful day!

I got up and was told by my flatmates to go and get the paper from the driveway. I was a little taken aback as the both of them had been up for over an hour, but complied with their lazy request... And when I opened the door I saw a "Happy 21st Birthday" banner along the fence of our driveway, with silver balloons by it, and some balloons on the doorstep, along with a beautifully-wrapped present. Aha! (My cunning flatmates had actually noticed it earlier and wanted to find an excuse to make me see it, hence the asking me to get the paper). I opened the present and to my utmost delight found two barbie dolls! - Blaine the Aussie surfer dude, and a barbie that looks very much like me (well as much as a barbie could while still looking like barbie...)! How exciting :) Yay to Adam for being the cool culprit!

Next my flatmates made me pancakes and a drink, and gave me a birthday cake! They sung to me, and Ruth even made her speeches! Ray gave me a beautiful blonde barbie (yay again) and Ruth bought me some lovely pink underwear.

Then, the bestest part of all (sorry, but its true!)- My Aunty Diane rang from Australia to say happy birthday, and i got to talk to my cousins, AND.... get ready...
Diane (the aunty who moved at Christmas) and Beryl (the other Aunty in Australia) are going to pay one way each for me to fly to Aussie and see them!!! *jumps around excitedly* I've only been to the North Island once, so I don't even have a passport!! I have an exam on the 12th October, and one on the 13th, and then I'm all finished ... EVER!! So i think I will try and go over on the 24th October and stay for up to a month... I am so very excited =)

The day just increased in awesomeness, (with that as the piece de resistance) but I received about 15 texts wishing me happy birthday, which was so lovely! I also received an email from my immediate family, and one from my Aunty and Uncle in Australia =)

And, of course, Adam and I spent most of the day together, and had a lovely lunch, fun visit to the Botanical Gardens, and finished it off with a great picnic and some stargazing atop the Port Hills. Big ups to Adam for an awesome day (and awesome company ~grin~)

So yus, all in all an absolutely unparalleled day, and i had so much fun... thankyou heaps to all my friends, i love you guys so much!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ray said...

Hello Michelle,
You are upstairs and I am downstairs and I can't be bothered walking upstairs to say hi so instead I'll just post on your blog :)
Anyway I just thought I'd say that you are awesome and I'm glad you had a good birthday 'cos you deserve it.

9:06 pm  
Blogger Ray said...

Also you are my favourite flatmate who loves squirrels!

9:07 pm  
Blogger Ray said...

And I can't wait for your party. I like to dress up :)

9:07 pm  
Blogger Ray said...

Okay I'm going to stop procrastinating now!

9:08 pm  
Blogger Kat said...

Huzzah! Good to hear such a happy Michelle. The happiest of post-birthdays to you, and much joy and merriment in the coming year. And, you know, the rest of this 'being an adult' lark we're supposedly involved in now - hope that goes well too :)
Luv
K

2:57 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

WHAT!!! No mention of my present of the amazing "Jaffle Maker" and my garfield E-card.

10:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol sorry! i was actually going to mention the Jaffle maker... it is brilliant, i love it! Oh how i have missed toasted sandwiches (apparently named 'Jaffles')

And sorry, I didn't get the ecard... i dont check hotmail much... try emailing me at Uni =)

11:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home