Wednesday, August 17, 2005

In the secret place

Its been interesting to see the blogging craze start up all over again. Most of those who didn't jump on the bandwagon last time the craze swept through have now signed their lives away. In a way this scares me. My blog is private, a diary, a place where I can spill what i don't feel I can discuss with others "in real life". And it seems weird to think that so many people I know are now reading it.

I prefer my blog to be a place where I can share my heart, rant about things, or discuss God-suff, not a place where friends can catch up in a "hi, how are ya? good to see you on saturday night" way.
I think that if people want to talk to me about stuff like that then they should just email me or send me a text.

Its funny, but in a way it feels like my blog has been defiled. Overtaken by alien invaders, who peruse my innermost thoughts in a drive-by fashion. It feels slightly uncomfortable, and as I meet with friends I glance around, eyes scanning, processing and analysing, wondering who is the latest to read my diary.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

Perhaps the time has come for such things to make the transition to real life?
Your innermost feelings are more securely held in the minds of your friends.

6:07 pm  
Blogger Jared said...

I hope I am not one of these invaders...I shall remove you from my RSS immediately :D
I actually find it liberating to write the things that I don't say in public on my blog and be aware that those whose friendship I enjoy are reading it. It sort of allows me to be more honest than in public without embarrassment.

11:52 pm  
Blogger Woody said...

I think it's nice to quote myself rather than other doing it for me. It's also good to actually read over what I'm writing before I post it.

BTW I didn't have a functioning computer last time.

J

2:12 am  
Blogger AJ said...

Choose or Lose not Schmooze or Loose, gotta do dishes :)

7:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hard to describe, but i'd rather have regular supportive readers, who are writing comments that actually relate to the posts i'm writing, rather than who skim through blogs and comment unrelated stuff
eg. read the comments i've had on my latest 4 or 5 posts

10:36 am  
Blogger Hannah said...

I know this post is from ages ago, but i figure you'll get the comment anyways!! I can kind of relate to what you said. Although there's actually not all that much of interest, personalness or importance on my blog, it's still wierd to find out that my brother's read it, and that one of my classmates asked where to find my blog so they can read it too!
I dunno, you think you know who's possibly reading your blog and you're fine with that, but then other people you know read it, and you're not sure you're totally cool with that -that's how I think! It's wierd! but I spose it's something i signed myself up to when getting a blog. I guess that's also partly why I don't really want to post anything too personal - but that could just be a 'me' thing in that I prefer to tell people stuff to their face! : ) I don't know!! Sorry for taking up your comment space!! : )
*hugs* cos you're cool!!

2:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home