Wednesday, January 12, 2005

crazy lady tries to run me down!

Um, so... I just got hit by a car. And whats the first thing I do? Go and blog. Yep. Thats it... one dedicated blogger we have here!
No really, the reason i'm blogging is cos i don't know what to do. Should i go to the doctor and be checked over? My neck and arm are kinda sore. Should i get a car man to check my car and see if its okay?
Please could anyone give me a call or txt and tell me what i should do.

I was driving along Hansons Lane, and right when i got to Suva St intersection, some lady stopped at the Stop Sign decides she doesn't like me, so she powers it up, right towards me. In fact, she was so blatantly blind, that by the time she hit me, she only hit my right back wheel... I WAS NEARLY THROUGH THE INTERSECTION before she whammed me! She can't even say she was trying to take a small gap, cos i was right in front of her when she started accelerating! So she whammered me, and she was fully powering it up... right towards me! and i spun 180 degrees, with much squealing, so i was facing south. I got out, and my car IS FINE. (dammit) a policeman is building a house nearby (dont ask me?!) and he comes running out to be all nice and sort things out. The lady has ruined her front bumper.
Ya know what? I'm glad I love Jesus. Not that that is like a anti-accident clause, but i am uninjured, and so is my car.
She hit my tyre, so not sure how safe that is. I might ring my uncle and ask him to check the car over.
Anyway i was quite upset, but, HOORAY, didn't cry. I don't have waterproof mascara on, so thanks for small mercies (;p no, i jest... just didn't want to look like a wuss)
So the next step is to ring AMI, although i don't understand how that works, cos she was in the wrong, and her car is bad, so why should I have to pay? Or don't i?

Anyhoo....
back to the interesting things i was doing! And hey, im working Thurs arvo, Fri morn, Sat morn and Sun arvo in Riccarton mall, near Sussan if anyone wants to come see me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Luuk Paulussen said...

You definitely don't have to pay anything - probably don't even need to ring AMI... Unless you find out there is something wrong with your car. The person who is at fault has to pay for the fixing (or their insurance company) which is why insurance companies say never to admit fault, because it means they might have to pay...

4:47 pm  
Blogger Philotas said...

Report it straight away. no matter what happens, because she definately will, so your agency will have to know as well, (beacuse her agents will be calling yours)
And you never know how much damage is actually done. the guy who wrote off my car hit me on the tire and bent the axle, but to look at it, you wouldnt know it was that bad from the outside. definately report it and get your uncle to check it over.

Good to know no one was hurt, but now the real fun begins! :P good luck Chelle!

9:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home