Friday, December 17, 2004

(un)exciting thoughts for the day

Wow! Today we had the longest thunderstorm I think I’ve ever been in! Now, at 4.30, the thunder has been going for an hour and ten minutes!! We had about half an hour of lightning, half an hour of rain, and 10 minutes of hail.
Oops... the lightning has just returned - spoke too soon!

Funny story – I was washing the dishes about 3.45 and my internal monologue (well really it was my internal monologue and myself – so more like my internal dialogue) was running through what I was going to post on my blog, and I said to myself "This thunder has been going for half an hour! Don’t worry, I’m not stupid enough to leave the computer on in an electrical storm – its okay cos there hasn’t been any lightning." And just as I said that, the first flash of lightning lit up the sky. I made a mad dash for the computer to switch it off... always better to be safe than sorry :)

Hmm… so what exciting things (no more whinging and grumping!) can I post about today?
-Well... I’ve just been picking blackcurrants, so that was cool. There were heaps on the bush.
(Okay so the thunder and lightning have finally stopped, but now it’s raining!! I managed to rescue 3 people’s washing from the rain today :) )
-I bought what I think is the latest album by Delirious yesterday, World Service. Its got my favourite song, Inside Outside, on it, as well as Majesty, God in Heaven, and the other songs are pretty cool too. Manna Christian booktore is a menace to my health, I tell you!! Once I walk in the door I can’t leave without spending waaaay too much money! (I also bought Kutless’ Sea of Faces, and Lee Strobel’s book ‘the case for faith’)
-People with blue eyes and dark brown hair (scientifically termed as ‘crossovers’) are cool. In fact, its now official that they are the most attractive people.
[er, just to clarify, i’m not in love with anyone with dark hair and blue eyes, just I’ve always considered us a superior form of human and haven’t known many of us until now when I know about .. hmm... um... five I think] [more if you count people like Orlando Bloom and Courtney Cox (which I’m not)]
[also in clarification, ‘official’ doesn’t actually mean official.]
-I think I get Asthma from perfume... I’ve often wondered about it, but haven’t worn perfume for aaaaages, so just forgot that it was a possibility. However, I am drenched in Yves Saint Laurent’s Baby Doll and it smells nice (even if i am struggling to breathe) (no, i jest. It's not that bad)
-I’ve done two lots of dishes today. I feel helpful.
-I bought 6 pairs of underwear yesterday. And 3 pairs are pink... he he, I am the new Ruth! (when I hung my washing out before there was just so much pink! Socks, undies, a t-shirt, and another top)
-Rain is fun... even when its really cold.
-Every night before biking home from work, my Dad calls my mum. She often likes him to get things at the supermarket on the way home. I think its cool that he calls every night.
-Hermil’s landlady is a strange, strange lady... I talked to her on the phone for 19 minutes last night, and she said some weird things. Basically she thinks the gardener, a truly lazy git, is fantastic. She’s absolutely sooo enamoured with him. Everytime we complain about how he gets $10 a week for one hours work when most of the time he doesn’t turn up, and the rest of the time he doesn’t stay for more than about 35 minutes (at most). She just can’t understand that she’s being conned!
He he – she asked me if I had any friends who’d like to rent Hermil. FRIENDS? I wouldn’t even tell my enemies to live there!! She also asked me how much I thought she could get for it next year, and what I’d say the bad things about it were. Hmm… *wry grin* perfect opportunity for a loooong rant!! But I said "ummm… aah… can’t really think of anything off the top of my head. Um… it’s a bit cold". (shirker).

I’m sick of writing a list. Hows about something more exciting. Like something that’s not a list. Time for more coffee. Hmm… how about a story? A nonsense story?
OH WAIT!! First a funny story! I think that at Richard and Emily’s last Saturday I was talking to Paul about dinosaurs and how I don’t like them, and have nightmares about them. And I said to him "I haven’t had any bad dreams about dinosaurs for ages! Maybe I’m over being scared by them!". Well last night (probably more like this morning) I was having a dream, and there were dinosaurs in it, and in the dream I said "I was just telling Paul about you [the dinosaurs] the other day, and see – I was right… this isn’t a scary dream!". And when I woke up I thought about it, and I realised that it actually had been a rather scary dream.
Anyway, I’ve got this theory that reading about things, or seeing them gives me nightmares (eg. Reading articles about Marilyn Manson makes me dream about him trying to kill me). And so yesterday I read a book at Manna (I told you it was bad for my health!!!) about creation and science, and it mentioned dinosaurs. Yup.
Laugh all you want... I don’t care :P I’m bigger and tougher than you anyway!

You realise that now that Sally’s gone home I’m spending most of my time by myself. Hence the need to write needlessly long blog posts about nothing in particular. Wow. I’ve managed to waste an hour writing this!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

Don't thunder and lightning went together? So the fact that you've had an hour and ten minutes of thunder means there has been lightning for the same period of time right?

Dinosaurs are cool.

11:07 am  
Blogger Philotas said...

That wouldnt be good! what would there be to read! :)
ARgh! many topics in one post make Sam's head hurt.
many things make Sam's head hurt.
Sam's head hurts.

I think im kinda over a lot of the Christian music around today. it all seems very 'pop'. i need to start finding some other bands that arent that way inclined. where are the Christian Classical Musicians! ARGH! :P
Crossover eh? hm. well, i do have blue eyes, and brown hair. but apparently its light brown. damn. does that make me a crossunder?
6 pairs of underwear? TMI. Nuff said ^_^

About dreams, dreams are affected by what happened in real life beacause they are a kind of recap by your mind (your brain trying to sort stuff out while you sleep!) So even if you see something in passing, your brain will record it and may spring it back on you in your dreams. cunning little devil.

"Have you ever had a dream, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dreamworld and the real world?" - Spot the QUote! :D

DREAMmasta SAM

3:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home