Sunday, November 27, 2005

where is michelle?

I am working about 44 hours a week until December 22nd. As a nanny, with three girls under 5. That’s great, because I am a nanny and have had extensive training in the field. NOT!!

Anyway, work is work… and it will good to be able to pay the rent from somewhere other than my savings account! And it will be great to pay for things myself for a change, I mean, I love my boyfriend immensely, but I always feel terrible at not being able to pay for anything. And I’ll be able to pay some people back money I owe them (hear that, Cameron and Christina? Keep pestering me and you might get it =) )! And, I’m being really ambitious here, I might be able to buy Christmas presents for my family or pay my parents back some of the money they’ve loaned me.
Well, it’ll be a start anyway.
And then when I’m working in the archives centre at the Museum, starting early January, I’ll be able to do nice things to say thanks to Mum and Dad, and might be able to buy 4 cds that I’d really love, and maybe start paying off my student loan. This is all possible with the 35,000 salary I’ll be earning.
And then I might wake up.

So the part about working 44 hours a week as a Nanny is true. And the part about being able to pay the rent is also true. I’m still praying for a good job for next year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

that's fantastic! I'm so thrilled for you!! It's good having a little bit of money, eh, and having that security (oh, the ability to buy things and pay things off!). And even if it's only a temp job it's a good feeling to be out there doing stuff and ... yeah, money. Hurrah! Can we catch up before/during the Christmas break, do you think?

5:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay!

Hope all of your dream ends up happening :)

1:12 am  
Blogger st8oaw said...

Hey, now c'mon, you don't need to pay me back for $10!! That would be just silly. You don't owe me anything.

6:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home