Thursday, November 03, 2005

i hate telecom

You would not believe what a little ball of angriness I am right now. I am seething.
I probably need to take a chill pill, but while I’m so enraged I shall sink my teeth into my own fleshy arm and attempt to mumble about my extreme state of hacked-off-ed-ness.

(ouch)
(mmm… my arm smells nice) (combination of moisturizer and body wash)
right – I am so extremely annoyed at Telecom.

There. Summed up in one sentence. Shall I elaborate?

I am in Australia. I am on roaming. When I contacted telecom about roaming they said this:
-when people call you, you will have to pay for it, but it will be billed to the landline account for which you are registered.
-when you call people it will be billed to the landline account as mentioned above.
-texting is 20c

I have gone through $20 of credit in 4 days. And $13 the week before that.
I think I have been charged off my cellphone account for the calls people have made to my mobile.
I cannot top up my mobile as there is no number for me to ring. I have had to rely on the helpfulness of Cameron and Adam. (and their credit cards)
I cannot call anyone as my phone tells me that whatever number I dial is invalid. Including the telecom helpline number.

I cannot understand why I have gone through so much credit. I haven’t sent enough text messages to amount to more than $20.
I wonder if I am being charged for other people’s text messages to me. When I looked on the Telecom website it said that if people in NZ call me, they will be charged national rates, and I will have to pay the international rates above that. Does that apply to texting also?

I am slowly working myself out of my rage. However annoyance is seeping from my armpits. No wait, that’s sweat.
Exasperation is exuding from every pore in my body. Hmm, still sounds vaguely disturbing.

I think I need to take a deep breath and roar like a bear-trapped teddy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Oh no! That sux! Maybe Telecom aren't the network I should be switching to after all... have a virtual *hug*. Unfortunately I don't know of any Telecom structures we can desecrate without getting done for it, but... I shake with my fist at them with you in spirit! Hope the rest of your trip goes well and you get you to rant your head off at them when you get home :)

6:01 pm  
Blogger Scotty said...

No no no no no!

It's not a roar. It's a RAAAA!

1:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home