Monday, October 17, 2005

odd weekend ramblings

Seeing as everyone else does it, and i'm a lemming, I shall post about my weekend.
This post is dedicated to cool people like Jazz and Luuk and Moff who like to read/write about weekends...

It is such a lovely feeling to be finished University.. I feel so guilty, and so slack, yet so free =) (guilty and slack because it seems that i should be doing more!)

On Friday it was my Mum's birthday, so I went home and had lunch with the family. And took the chariot of hotness (formerly the black beast) to get a WOF. $155 later, I got my WOF. As of yesterday, I owe $103 in registration fees for my car.
Stupid cars and how expensive they are!

On Saturday night Adam and I had a lovely romantic dinner at Jim and Joy's house. It was their gift to me for my 21st birthday. Joy had done such very pretty decorations that it almost seemed a pity to sit down and defile the tranquil beauty of it all!! Our waiter and waitress cooked a lovely meal, the entree was yum to the max, the mains was delicious, and the dessert was really great! In fact the whole evening was wonderful!! Go Joy and Jim =)

Sunday morning Adam and I went to Burnside Elim... It was cool. The people were really friendly, the church is just nicely pentecostal, and there are families from many cultures there. I like it and I shall go back =)
In the afternoon we had a picnic at Spencer Park, on the way from which Luuk and some friends passed us in their car and waved, and a bbq tea at the Castle.

Thats all for now cos i'm tired and going to bed!
Oh yeah - Adam and were going to have a LAN last night (yeah, we're geeks) but couldn't get the games to work on our computers, so we watched A Bug's Life instead..
(and now i feel like Luuk writing about all the little details of my weekend! How odd to have you all know exactly what i've been up to...!!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

awesome! that feeling of freedom is most beautiful... savour it while you can :) There's nothing wrong with posting about weekends! I likes hearing what people have been up to :D

10:36 pm  
Blogger Scotty said...

Wohooo! Aren't good friends awesome.

8:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Glad you enjoyed dinner, it was lots of fun, but also weird kicking you outside for the nite while we ate inside!

I'm with Chistina, enjoy the freedom while you can!

Joy =)

11:59 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cool sounds like a decent way to spend the weekend.

By the way what game/games did you attempt to get working?

1:09 pm  
Blogger Luuk Paulussen said...

Would you prefer I posted about what I'm up to during the week?

e.g. This morning I got up, had a shower and then some breakfast. Then I decided I should probably go to work and walked out hopped on my bike and went. When I got there, I checked my emails and then had a look to see how my auctions were doing on trademe. I noticed that I had a couple of meetings on, one of them a defect review at 10:30. I went to the first meeting, which lasted till lunchtime and then went out at lunch to run some errands that needed doing. I did pop home to grab some lunch on the way. Then I went back to work for the afternoon. I did some tests, reviewed a propagation plan and had a chat with Mark. Then I went home and didn't feel much like doing anything for the rest of the evening because I was tired so I blobbed in front of the TV.

Riveting stuff... The weekends are generally the highlight of the week. It just doesn't seem worthwhile to post "Same-old, same-old" every day. I should possibly think of other interesting things to write about, but refer back 3 sentences ago. :) I mainly write stuff so that I can remember when I look back and so people can find out what I'm up to without me having to email everyone individually.

Starting to sound like a rant, but it isn't really.

2:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh i wasn't complaining about your posting about your riveting weekends, Luuk... It just seems even more personal than, say, blogging about the innermost workings of my mind. =D
Feel free to keep posting about your weekends, you have my permission.

=)

(and yes, everyone else, freedom and friends, and dinner are teh r0XX0r)

5:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Chad - the games were oldschool - sega rally, need for speed hot pursuit, and worms world party (but that wouldn't extract properly onto my computer from Cams)
We thought about calling you actually, heh heh...

Oh well, we'll give it another go sometime i'm sure =) (geeks)

5:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home