Thursday, October 13, 2005

End of an era....

I have finished university...
I have spent the last 16 years in the education system, and finally it is at an end... what a weird feeling!!
I'm sure i'll cry about the end of an era at some stage, but for now - i just want to relax and enjoy a few days with no pressure and no commitments =)

Oh yeah - and catch up on sleep!! I'm tired like a fox...
anyway just felt the urge to post about my new freedom!

oh and to tell you that i think i'm weird... My last test was today from 3-5, and my group of friends from class were sitting round afterwards and they asked me if i wanted to go for a drink with them. I said "no, actually, i'm going to McDonalds for a formal dinner with a few close friends... we're gonna have cutlery and champagne glasses and stuff..." and the classmates all turned to me with vaguely stunned/horrified looks on their faces, stammered and stuttered a bit, but then they seemed to come to and one said "yeah, hey after you've had your little dinner thing if you want to come for a drink, we'll be at the Palms"
An odd moment... I sort of smiled awkwardly and waved goodbye =)

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve-a-saurus said...

Yeah for Shell and others who have finnished stuff.

9:02 am  
Blogger Christina said...

Congrats you! Yeah it is weird finishing eh. My class last year went to the Dux with some of the post-grads (ah, the joys of a tiny department) for drinks and dinner, which was actually really cool. It was kind of weird though, because I've not seen most of them since, and the ones I have I've only seen twice. Very surreal, knowing you won't be going back. Takes a while to sink in though!

And I must say, the cutlery and general poshness of last night was marvellous (as were, of course, the other diners ;) and host).

11:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home