Monday, September 12, 2005

oh wow, more post-age

(I like my wrists, i think they're very pretty and delicate, and are soft and white, with purple and blue veins showing through. Yesterday a friend was asking me about when I used to cut them, and while talking about my experiences I felt like writing a poem... So thats the explanation for yesterday's strange poem.
It may be interesting to add that while I wanted 'blood to heal my heart', it already had. The Blood of Jesus was spilled so that I could know union with God, and know freedom. I knew this at the time i was hurting, but couldn't quite grasp it amidst the pain of my mind.)


I was going to post and give advice about how to vote strategically in elections, but i'm not sure if i have enough effort...
I'll sum it up -
-Give your party vote to a big party, at least they have more of a chance of getting in. Especially for Christian voters, when the Christian vote is so divided.
-Dont waste your electorate vote. For example, in Ilam (where my electorate is) Gerry Brownlee is going to get in anyway. So unless i desperately want him to represent me, then its basically wasting my electorate vote by voting for him. If I want to give some sort of Christian vote, then its more strategic to give my electorate vote to the local Christian candidate. (and if lots of people agree to do this, then theres a pretty good chance they'll get in)

okay, thats enough of that. I'm off to do uni work. I have 5 weeks until I am FINISHED!! That is three tests, and one essay. Yay =)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whaaat?? No Michelle! Give your vote to a Christian party if you want to - not to one of the bigger parties. Even one or two seats in parliament can make a difference - but if you don't vote for them, they have no chance at all!

Unless of course you meant a big Christian party, in which case, carry on ;)

11:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, if gerry brownlee gets in no matter what, then you vote won't count either way?

11:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er no, there's a difference between holding an electorate seat and being in parliament. Just because Gerry is in parliament, under national, doesn't make him the representative for the Ilam electorate...

But yeah, Mark, i'm a political science student... the chances really are quite low, and i dont want to push my personal views too much... but, i really want labour out, and either way if i give my vote to a christian party thats not going to influence whether labour gets in or not.
If the christian vote was united, then it would be far more worthwhile to vote for a Christian party

11:21 am  
Blogger Luuk Paulussen said...

And yet I can't bring myself to vote for either National or Labour... Both of them attempting to screw NZ over with their election year bribes.

This billboard puts it very succinctly, even if it is somewhat crude.

My vote goes to United Future.

1:08 pm  
Blogger Scotty said...

Sorry, I'm not convinced Michelle. My vote goes to a Christian party.

But nice to see some postages.

2:02 pm  
Blogger Jim said...

Luuk, by election bribes do you mean things like no interest on student loans?


wait....


United future's policy is a 10% write off of student loans for graduates working in new zealand...

Labour's is interest only.... which is about 7ish percent I think... so... actually... ummm, yeah...."United Future New Zealand with outdoor recreation New Zealand" are proposing a bigger, more costly Student Loan write off than Labour are....

How come this policy is not been labelled "an election bribe"?

Whether They'd actually try and go through with it is another matter...

2:07 pm  
Blogger Luuk Paulussen said...

You make a valid point. The other reason is because it is the only party in the centre. The reason it's called the centre is because that's where a good balance is.

11:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home