Wednesday, October 26, 2005

26 October - FOOD!!!

I am eating chocolate. It is good!! Except that I have lots of pimples… Although that might be from the climate change… yeah I’ll go with that :D Firstly, and most importantly, lets talk about food. I have found flavoured Freddo frogs!!! I remember when I was little and would go to Supervalue Rangiora with Mum and she would occasionally let me buy a Freddo for about 35c. Except, like many things I loved when I was a child, they stopped making peppermint, strawberry and caramello Freddos, and just made plain chocolate ones. Anyway – I’ve found them here (except peppermint)!!! I’m so excited! Its like nostalgia all the way…
Also, you can buy big cherry ripe bars, or multipack mini size ones! Yumza! Usually I’m not a cherry flavouring fan, but I love coconut (and things like bounty bars) (just in case you are thinking about buying me chocolate) so that’s probably why I like cherry ripes. Oops – I brought a little dish out on to the deck with me with 3 mini chocolate bars and a carrot and I’ve eaten 2 out of 3 bars of chocolate in about 15 minutes *looks sheepish*
Hmm… what other food can I talk about? The carrots here (or maybe just the ones my aunty has) are crap, apparently so is the beef (as it is grain fed, not grass fed cos there isn’t enough grass to go around), the tomato sauce, the bread is average (there’s not much multigrain around)… and that’s about all I’ve really got to complain about.
I haven’t tried much, Diane and I had subway on Monday, so that’s a pretty generic taste, and yesterday SAM had red rooster, which is like KFC I guess (as all the meat seems to be chicken), so I haven’t tried anything too different.

Anyway – that’s enough about the food, especially seeing as its not something I’ve tried much of!
The weather..
Well its quite tropical here, my Aunty said its really similar to being in Malaysia, so I wasn’t really expecting that. It’s a lot more humid than I imagined (hence the frizzy hair), and the temperature at this time of year doesn’t seem to drop much below 23oC. On Monday night we had a thunder storm – well not much thunder, but absolutely cracker lightning… the storm lasted for about 3 hours (possibly longer, as I went to bed before it ended), but it didn’t bring much rain. The lightning wasn’t around here, so it was really awesome sitting out on the deck watching vivid light flashing in the dark sky in three out of four directions!
Yesterday got to 29 degrees, AND I was outside, so that was a bit of a shock! And then…
AND THEN…. at 1am I thought I heard the freakin loudest earthquake I’d ever heard in my life… absolutely scared the willies outa me!!! But as I was lying there nearly wetting myself I realized it was thunder!!!! then the lightening started, which lit up my room even though I had blinds pulled over the window!!! And then the rain started… It was so heavy! Anyway I’d just managed to talk myself into the idea of thunder, and it started to die down, and I began to drift off to sleep. Suddenly BANG and the thunder started again, jolting me awake!! Heh heh!! The cycle of me just getting used to it and dozing off to be awakened to another loud rumbling happened another one or two times before it finally stopped! This morning my Aunty told me it was the loudest thunder she’s EVER heard, and they’ve not had anything like it here in Brisbane before! he he!! aaaawesome =)

Okay, well I’m gonna write another post about what I did yesterday and Monday, so goodbye again from the hot, frizz-meister!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home