Wednesday, October 26, 2005

26 October - what i've been up to

Hmm yeah, so I was going to post about what I did on Monday and Tuesday.. first I think I’ll tell you about what I’m eating… I made myself a salad with lettuce leaves, spinach, tomato, a tiny bit of cheese, boiled egg, and croutons made out of toast. Its yum. And for afters, I’m having plain yoghurt, with a spoon of vanilla icecream, and real passionfruit stirred in. Yumtastic!!!
Oh and now the salad has creamy French dressing on it… except that I didn’t read the label until after I’d put it on and its got garlic in it… oops!! (I can’t eat garlic) Oh well, hopefully it wont play havoc with my tummy!!
So yeah, what was I talking about?

Monday I went shopping with Diane (I can’t remember the name of the place we went shopping) and we went to Big W and Kmart, where I got a lovely pink t-shirt, some pretty green eyeshadow, and the infamous rubber chicken. Oh joy, oh delight! I’ve wanted one for *so long* and now my life is complete!! =P
After that, we went grocery shopping, picked the kids up from school, and went to the library. I got two trashy womens magazines to read, and after realizing what absolute crap they are, I have decided to steer away from them in future. (I’m going to concentrate on putting more worthy things into my head!!) My aunty got some card-making magazines, so we’re going to have a go together sometime. (She already makes pretty cards, so hopefully I can make something worth looking at, lol!!)
(I’m just finishing off my salad and hey I’m impressed! It was a nice salad!! )
OH YUM!! Oh gee golly yum… I just tried the passionfruit yoghurt concoction and its sooo nice!! *licks lips* mmmmm!!
Er oh yeah, I was typing about stuff OTHER than food….!! Um… Hey Grant! Come back!!! (Only Steve will get that one)
Ooh! its just started raining! Hopefully it cools down a bit as its quite muggy and stickily warm…

Yeah, so Monday evening we had stuffed jacket potatoes for tea, which were really yummy, (ruh roh – I’m back to food again!!) (wow! when it rains here, it sure does rain hard!! I’ve got Media Player almost on full volume and still can’t hear it over the sound of the rain on the roof!) and then I had a nice early night.

Okay, so yesterday (Tuesday) I looked around the Queensland Museum for two hours, then sat down a wrote a letter for half an hour. I bought some postcards at the museum shop for my family and the girl I babysit. The Museum was really awesome, with big dinosaur skeletons (that even roared!!!), a beautiful marine display – painted up like the sea, and had turtles, sharks, seasnakes, and crocodiles – and a lovely endangered Australian animals exhibit. Very cool =)
[The rain has just stopped and the air feels so moist… the trees are just soaking up the moisture, so that’s probably why the air has a damp feel to it!]
After that I walked down to the Queen St mall to meet the infamous SAM. He’s nice, and I can tell my mother that he’s not some weird 40 year old man that’s stalking us through the internet… As Mike said, he looks like a younger version of Jim (without the sideburns!) and man does he remind me of Mike. Bizarre! And they even have some of the same mannerisms and quirks. *such* an odd feeling…
We walked to the Botanical gardens and tried to stay cool there, which was rather hard in the 29 degree heat! I then got on the train home, which was a totally new experience and I felt rather like a small, lost child trying to work it all out… Its funny getting to 21 and thinking you know everything, and when you find something so simple that everyone else understands as second nature makes you feel so very small! =)
Anyway I met a weird weird dude on the train, as I said in last nights post, who looked to be in his 50s and was either a millionaire or a wacko. I really have no idea which. I don’t have time to write the conversation all down, but some of the things he said went like this:
-You probably don’t really need your degree, though, do you? you can find a nice husband to work while you look after the children. you look like the sort of girl that would make a lovely mother.
-I told him that I had a boyfriend (hoping to scare him off) and he said ‘oh so you’ll be getting married then’ and I was like ‘er, its early days yet!!’ and he later asked me if my fiancé would be upset that I’d come to Australia by myself. He also asked if my fiancé would be worried that I’d fall in love with some tanned, muscly, Australian lifeguard… And when I said no, I’m a one man woman, he said ‘you wouldn’t be representative of new Zealand girls in general, would you? You seem rather old fashioned… I wish girls today were still like that’
-he told me about how he’d moved to Canada with his children, and left his wife, and he’d gotten Filipino nannies for the kids, but they’d all run off with local men.
-he asked me which of the copthorne, rydges, or hotel grand chancellor I’d recommend he stay in
-he mentioned living in phuket, Brisbane, NZ, Canada, and said he now wanted to buy a house in Christchurch.
-he gave me his business card and said that if I need assistance I should call him. He also mentioned that he didn’t really know many people in Christchurch…… (after establishing that I live there)
I mean, he looked like quite a tidy, respectable guy, but some of the things he said to me were rather odd to say the least.

Anyhoo – then I got off the train (at the same station as him) (unplanned) and my Aunty came and picked me up. We watched Bride and Prejudice with the kids – saved from total absurdity by the awesome Mr Collins character, who was great – then I went to bed late.
I think I shall go inside now… its so humid out on the deck now and I’m getting hot!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve-a-saurus said...

Hey no wonder i have been so dumb recently you stole Grant and took him to Australia, he still has a signed contract...if only i could find it....and you better give him back because i need him....i'm lost without Grant....Shell come back with my Grant!

12:42 pm  
Blogger Steve-a-saurus said...

Hey whats up with Australian animals...playtapus, wombat, koala, and kangaroo. They are all really weird. Australia has the most freaky animals around, apart from the BBC Narnia animals *shudder*. Maybe Australian animals have a parallel history to Australian people, that is to the say they are the left overs.

1:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I just found an interesting website. Yours!!! I bet it's nearly as hot in Dunedin as Australia. Ok maybe not :-)

1:11 pm  
Blogger Steve-a-saurus said...

Huh the emotional luggage area...LOL...inside jokes are so fun....and here is another one.....Well she blamed HER rambling in her post on MY train driver so she obvousily has him.

7:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home