Friday, November 04, 2005

information

I am now in Northern Queensland, at a little place called Mirani. The temperature here at 9am this morning was 27.7 degrees celsius. The weather here seems to grow hot quickly, then remain relatively stable until nightfall.
While I've been over here I've been trying to avoid changing for the time zone... I'm not sure how successful I've been, but I usually wake up around 6-7 in the morning (9-10am) and go to bed at 8pm (11pm NZtime) When i first got to Brisbane I was waking up before 5 in the morning, which was great!! Its nice then as its not too hot.

I'm now staying at a different Aunty and Uncle's house, which is rather odd as i've only seen them about 3 times in the last 15-18 years!
I've been trying to something all day on their computer but its not working, and i think i've wrecked their flash drive. Oops. *cringe*

I didn't get dressed til about 12pm, and i just went and had my shower at 1.30. I feel very lazy!!

The comparison between the two places i've stayed is interesting... family A i've been close to for my whole life, and in first year at uni stayed at least one night a week at their place. Family B I've seen, i estimate, four-five times in my life. Family A have two kids, 10 year old twins, while Family B have three dogs, two big birds, and numerous other averies (how on earth is that spelt?!). The marriage in Family A is rather tense and I felt uncomfortable being in the room when the two were together, Family B aren't married and are comfortable together. Family A are rich, the father works in a multinational company, and they've just bought a house for nearly $500,000, they invest their money in property or erm, other places you invest money. The father in family B works as a school groundskeeper, and they save barely any money, spending it on things they want or need - like a huge tv, sound system, fancy computer, etc. Which family is happier? With family A i slept in a sleepout and had my own bathroom. The weather is hotter with family B, and they have air conditioning. The house of family A is immaculate, and in comparison family B have stuff everywhere and the house smells like a petshop. The woman from family A is a returned Christian, family B laughs at the idea of 'religion'.
Just thought the comparisons were interesting.

Anyho. i should probably go do something! Less than a week til I return!! huzzah!
Oh and by the way - i wasn't trying to moan, or make one place sound better than the other. I just wanted something to do, so thought i'd note differences between two sisters and their families. =)
ciao!

4 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

hey hey! I got the thing with the frogs! They're awesome, I love them. WAs good to hear from ya :)

6:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hey i told ya, sharing people's personal health problems on the internet isn't polite...

hehe :P I'm glad you liked the card... I was thinking of you when i wrote it

8:11 pm  
Blogger Luuk Paulussen said...

A returned Christian? What's that?

9:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

someone who went to church until they were 17, then decided to go back when they were 36.
I'm not a once-saved always-saved believer

7:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home