Saturday, November 05, 2005

Platypus!!

Hey hey hey its Saturday! Time for another update.
On Tuesday Dan (yes the Dan) and I went down to surfers paradise. We went shopping at the big Australia Fair shopping centre, where I found a copy of le Petit Prince in English (otherwise known as The Little Prince) and i just had to have it... Plus I bought Charlottes Web for my girl cousin, and a book of gross facts (about stuff like poo, wee, and vomit) for my boy cousin. i also found (not in the bookshop, strangely enough) a beautiful broderie anglaise nighty, which i intend to wear as a sun dress. Oh nuts. Now you all know. Er anyway, then we went down to the beach, and i decided that i could handle a swim, so we went back to the car and, not being able to find any changing rooms, i got changed in the car. With the odd person walking past! It may have looked funny to see Dan leaning on the boot of the car, and me inside with a towel draped over me, pretending to rummage in my handbag whenever people went past, hehe...

On Wednesday Dan and I went into Brisbane city on the train and rode the city cat. We also did secret stuff. And... Adam rang up in the evening!! Huzzah!!
On Thursday I cleaned out the granny flat and did some more of my CV, and cried a bit at missing everyone *blush*. I think i was just feeling pretty tired and a little bit lonely and rather overwhelmed by whats going on between my uncle and Aunty... Anyway i got to talk to Christina and Adam online, so that was nice. In the evening i went to the airport and flew to Mackay. My aunty and uncle picked me up there and we drove to Mirani, where they live, about forty five minutes away.
On Friday i lazed around and spent about 6 hours on the computer (they have broadband!) and ended up making a hurried finish to my CV so i could email a copy for a job i wanted to apply for (that i thought had already closed, but then found it had been extended til 4pm friday) (which i discovered at 3.30pm) We then went for dinner at the pub and i accidentally ordered garlic chicken (i hate garlic, lol) and i was nearly asleep by 8pm!! And the husband of a lady my aunty works with (3 of her workmates and their hubbies were eating with us) shook my hand and kissed me on the cheek by way of introduction. It rather endeared me to him (as opposed to being yukky) (like the guy at the bar who was eyeing me up) (lol)!!
Today left at 7.50am to take my uncle to work, went shopping and I got some makeup and two lovely skirts, and a blouse, and then drove to the beach (i paddled and it was very warm!!), then this evening my aunty and I went to Eungella, a national park about an hour away, up in the hills. We saw two platypus, some turtles, lots of noisy cockatoos, and got a bit lost in the bush (as it was growing steadily darker) (which was a little unpleasant)
But here I am now to tell the story!

Tomorrow we are going to go for a proper swim at the beach, plus our flights are at 4 in the afternoon.
My Uncle donated me a flash drive and a godzilla watch that he got out of a cereal box (the watch, not the flash drive). I am very happy. My aunty is cooking crumbed fish and homemade chips for tea. I am even happier. However it is 8.11 (11.11) and i'm rather tired so I think i'll go get into my jim-jams =)

I get home late wednesday night, then Jazz is going to laser strike on Thursday, then I have a 21st on Friday night, and one on Saturday. Wowza. I'm hoping my body hasn't adjusted to the time changes and can cope easily with getting back!!

I've had some wacky dreams the last few nights... three nights in a row i've dreamt about praying in tongues. Once a group of us were praying through a neighbourhood, at the letterbox of each house. I cant remember what i dreamt the night inbetween, but it involved me praying in tongues. I think it might have been for selected individuals? not sure. And last night I dreamt about praying in tongues for people who were scared.
In fact, it might even be four nights in a row, but dreams become hazy after a while...
I'm not sure if God is trying to tell me something.

Only four sleeps to go over here in the hot country!! At 8pm it was 25.6 degrees, and humidity is generally between 65-70%... I'm so hot =D

1 Comments:

Blogger Ray said...

Hey Chelle,
Hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Auzzie. I won't be there when you get back but I'll be back on Sunday.

4:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home