Monday, July 11, 2005

The root of all evil is money.

I hate money. I really really hate it. I wonder, in all seriousness, if like how the love of money is the root of evil, if maybe the hate of money could be evil as well? I hope not.

Money is something I never have very much of. Especially this year! I am truly a poor, struggling student, with only $5 spare a week. (Thats after paying for petrol) (speaking of which... my goodness. Are they trying to make us all bike?! Thanks Scott for pointing out the heinously large amounts of tax that petrol cost is made up of) Recently I've had to pay for the Physio (stupid neck), the Dentist (stupid wisdom teeth), new clothes (stupid cold weather and old ones ripping), etc etc.
But, whenever I get money, eg. Mum kindly donating me money to buy a warm wool jersey, Grandad paying me (too much) so I can go get my rego (that *cringe* was nearly 3 months overdue), Mum donating me more money for a wool jersey cos the last lot got used on other stuff; it does just that - get used on other stuff. I'm not saying Ray and I don't need $21 worth of Pizza, but... (just kidding. It was only $15) (and Ray paid)

I have a $10,000 loan, not much compared to those engineers (who's laughing NOW eh?) (whats that? At least you'll get a job? Hmm... might have a point there), but its still a little thorn in my side.

On a larger scale, what about poor African countries? I bet they hate money. I wonder if trading or bartering would be better...
I dont have time to elaborate on that... Sorry :)
Just wanted to rant about not having any money and hating that.

So there you have it.
But i'll leave you with a happy thought: Squirrels paddling a raft down a raging river of DEATH. Lol no, happy for some perhaps!
(you just lost the game)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

<facetious>
You may have a smaller loan than those eng students, but they will have jorbs afterwards so they can actually pay the monsterous things orf
</facetious>

12:27 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

lol. You may have noticed I said the same facetious thing ;)
"I have a $10,000 loan, not much compared to those engineers (who's laughing NOW eh?) (whats that? At least you'll get a job? Hmm... might have a point there), but its still a little thorn in my side."

12:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the love of money is A root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

1 Timothy 6:10 (New International Version) (emphasis mine)

3:26 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

Sorry to delete those comments, but I dont really like people quoting huge chunks of scripture, etc on my blog. It takes up a lot of space, and isn't really necessary when you could just give the verses :)

5:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hah, i managed to miss it in your insane amount of parenthetical comments and sub comments

11:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read the richest man in babylon
it is asuperb book for getting sorted on money matters

8:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home