Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Love Languages

Whats your love language? Try this test
Apparently much confusion between friends, couples, and families is caused by difficulties in expressing love for each other.
I say i say, what we need to do is all work out what our love language is, and then things would be a lot easier! Then we can make sure everyone else in the group is feeling loved and valued!

The Five Love Languages, a concept started by Gary Chapman, are
-Acts of service
-Touch
-Words of affirmation
-Gifts
-Quality time

Generally you have a preference for one more than the others. Also, they are about how you feel most loved, not the ways in which you give love. So if you are, say, gifts, then that means you feel loved when you receive gifts, not that you should give gifts to your friends to make them feel loved.

Anyway I will start the ball rolling by saying that I am a Touch person. Closely followed by words of affirmation. And i'm not really too concerned with the others.
How about everyone else? (the quiz that i've linked to above isn't the greatest, but its the best i could find)

14 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

1. Quality time
2. Words of affirmation
3. Acts of service
4. Receiving gifts
5. Physical touch

Personally I think 1 and 2 are equally important to me and as such almost interchangable. I might have put words of affirmation first though, probably just cos of the way I am at the mo. So yeah, that's me :D

7:06 pm  
Blogger Luuk Paulussen said...

According to the quiz...

Touch
Time
Service
Gifts
Affirmation

7:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1)Quality time
2)Touch
3)acts of service
4)words of affirmation
5)Gifts

7:54 pm  
Blogger Andrew said...

1. Touch
2. Words of affirmation
3. Quality Time

8:09 pm  
Blogger Jared said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:33 pm  
Blogger Jared said...

Quality Time
Physical Touch
Words of Affirmation
Recieving Gifts
Acts of Service

To tell the truth I aren't all that surprised at the order. I would have placed 'Time' at the top easily. The bottom three really aren't all that important to me in any way shape or form.

11:43 pm  
Blogger Kat said...

Service
Affirmation
Touch
Time
Gifts

I suspect service is way out in front. Especially in terms of how I show love.

Incidentally, I was just given this book for my birthday if anyone wants to read it :)

5:06 am  
Blogger Hannah said...

I am apparently:

Touch
Service
Time
Words
Gifts

I figured as much! But I think that words and time should be swapped around! : )

1:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did the quiz, then proceeded to forget the results.

So, I feel loved by the following (in no particular order):
Words / Pickup lines
Touch / Sifting
Time / Stalking

Meh.

5:55 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

Aah yes Paul, good question. To give you the deep, long answer, I was a touch then never got touch, so learnt to deal without it, and am just learning it again.
But, in saying that, things are different with boys. As we all know, i have trouble with boys, so i try to touch them as little as possible. Although there are certain boys who i feel comfortable hugging.
Also i have personal space issues sometimes, especially if i have been spending lots of time with other people. So sometimes i'm touchy-feely, and other times i'm just touchy =P

Oh and yeah, that was from the book, the quiz, and from what i know. I fit very neatly into the touch/words of affirmation box. =)

12:19 pm  
Blogger Dan said...

1. Quality Time
2. Words of Affirmation
3. Acts of Service
4. Receiving Gifts
5. Physical Touch

2:38 pm  
Blogger M Ronayne said...

From the Quiz -

Quality Time,
Acts of Service,
Physical Touch,
Recieving Gifts,
Words of Affirmation

Interesting how different people are :)

5:06 pm  
Blogger Ruth said...

From the quiz:
1: Time
2: Words
3: Touch
4: Service
5: Gifts

I think time and words are pretty close together and I would maybe have rated words slightly higher than time.
Interesting...

11:31 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

1) Time
2) Acts
3) Words

Quite unsupprising. Touch was last.

2:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home