Monday, September 27, 2004

the peace of God that passes all understanding

Freedom is a nice feeling =) Peace has come and my heart has stilled. I feel so good right now... Bills funeral was this afternoon, and i had been considering not going, but i thought i'd like to show i cared by being there. There were a lot of people; one of the biggest funerals i've been to. The thing i like about Christian funerals is that they are usually a celebration of the deceased person's life, and more about enjoying the good times you had, rather than dwelling on the sadness of the loss. So there were about 5 people who got up to give talks about knowing Bill, which was really great... and they gave a glimpse into who Bill was and what made him tick (usually playing jokes on people or making dry comments). So that was a happy time, which made me smile... i thought i was doing well though, with no sniffles even, until the prayer at the end and when the casket was taken out. When i cry i dont leak, i sob. Yup. Luckily i had my aunty next to me to hold me, heh heh!! But when i realised my nose was about to run on her clean blouse i stopped :) But its all good, that was the release that was needed so i'm glad i went!

I kinda thought maybe blogging was over for me, but now that this is all dealt with i see its not :)
So to post some things that i've thought about lately, but didnt post
- i've started going back to the gym!!! Yay! I've been twice in one week with Estie, so that was really great :) After over 5 months of not going it feels so good to be back into it!
-CU camp was awesome (well the tiny bit i experienced) the boys and i played commandos with arrows made from iceplant and grass... and it felt good!! i wish i had done stuff like that when i was a boy! Well not 'when' exactly, but 'if. Well maybe even as a little girl it would have been fun? I think i was more into dollies and playing 'mothers and fathers'.
-He he - today at the funeral i met the mother of a boy i went to school with! They moved away when we were about 6 or 7, and the only memory i have of the boy is that i've seen him naked. I think? For some strange reason, all these years thats all i remember about him. (not the actual seeing him naked, that would be weird!) erm.. moving along
-I dont want to post warm fuzzies specifically about people, like Jess, but i do want to mention, like Mike, that you guys are so awesome. And i am so priviledged to be surrounded by a totally squirrelific bunch of godly, fun guys, and god-fearing, hot chicks! Man you guys rock my socks off! *oh no! where have my socks gone?* *coughs loudly*

Okay, well there was heaps more than that, but like usual right when i sit down to post it i forget it! So i will go back to concentrating on my essay!

1 Comments:

Blogger Philotas said...

But then youd get distracted by the Squirrels on the wall and the weights could come crashing down quite uncomfortably! Nothing against squirrels, but i think they work better outside!

4:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home