Wednesday, August 11, 2004

grumpy grumpy grumpy

ARGH! i hate balls. i hate dancing. i hate not having anything to wear to this stupid ball on saturday. I hate not being rich and just being able to go out and buy an expensive dress. I hate that 2 people i know who have dresses that will fit me wont let me borrow them. i hate that Dan is so slack and wants me to organise everything, when we're not going as a date and its not my responsibility. i hate being grumpy cos that makes me upset.

I hate arguing with my mother. Especially when its the same old "when i was your age my mother had two little children to take care of and i had to come home from university and help her when i didnt have classes. I didnt just stay in there all day and neglect my responsibilities at home."
The point is that we DONT have two little children at home, i am struggling with my uni work so must spend extra time on it, and i need to stay in at uni and do study there, cos i know i'll never do it here at home. Also its a waste of petrol just to go in for 2 hours, i may as well stay for 5 or 6. Plus theres a one to one and a half hour travelling time, its not like i just magic myself to uni or home again.
We used to have these big screaming arguments at least once a week last year, it was so horrible. I never wanted to be at home cos we were always arguing, yet i had to be at home. This year when theres been hardly any arguing, im never home.

Well, i have to go off to my 3 hours of class in town this afternoon... so
toodles

9 Comments:

Blogger M Ronayne said...

hehe That's so true Fraser.....

1:41 pm  
Blogger Philotas said...

You hate dancing? and balls? or is it just beause of the hassels involved in preparing for them? :) Dancing is tres awesome. the dress thing SuXX0r.

Maybe if you went as a member of the papparazi. or as a failed director. maybe as a gorilla ala king kong. Maybe even that chick who was third from the left in the fourth scene of the second hour of that movie! :)
Hey, i figure if you cant have fun doing it, its not worth going to! and if you cant see yourself having fun, then make your own fun! :D why conform?

sorry bout that! in a weird mood today! :)

Ive never really had a hard time with mum.. tis more dad that i dont get along with? what would Freud say about that i wonder? now THERES a man with some Mummy issues!

Gotta go now.. the trees are listening! :P

5:17 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

You know balls aren't all about to clothing, at least the CU ones aren't. Dress comfortably (after all there'll be a number or turn up like that), have fun and meet a few other Christians! As for dancing I think your pushing it there there's no doubt going to be some Barn Dancers but appart from that it's likely to just be Modern music.

Yes arguing with your parents is a real pain. Some I guess get abit worried about people our age thinking about leaving home soon and sort of try hang on tight and keep us arround.

6:22 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

er... im not worried about waltzing or barn dancing... i can do both of those... its the modern stuff i'm worried about. No sense of rhythm. i have three left feet and one big pumpkin when it comes to modern dancing *shudder* give me rock and roll any day
Jessie girl i may have to come see you and whinge .. you are cool, i like you.
Samlotas - i did want to go funny and silly and dress up all crazy, thats why i refuse to conform and get a proper dress.. but now im a little stuck, anyways im just gonna walk in next to Fraser and pretend im Catherine whorey-Jones, so its all good :)
will reply to the rest of you later, must sleep!!

10:44 pm  
Blogger Philotas said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE! :)
May the great squirrel grant you peace, prosperity and lots of presents!


Damn! Fraser beat me to it! :P Keep forgetting Kiwi time is two hours ahead! :P

1:15 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well happy birthday then. Welcome to the Big Two O. Always good to get rid of the teen. Though you do lose some good excuses as a result.

1:20 am  
Blogger M Ronayne said...

Tanjoobi o medeto....
Tanjoobi o medeto....
O medeto ai Michelle chan,
Tanjoobi o medeto!

That was random. Happy Birthday!

11:13 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

aw you guys are so lovely =) sweet as candy and twice as good for my health! heh heh!!

I shall post about the loveliness of it all later!
Ooh ! and i got a squirrel!!
*hugs and french kisses (the clean kind)*

2:18 pm  
Blogger Notions Incognito said...

Hey... um. Yeah. Belated happy birthday too.... No, wait - happy day-after-your-birthday.... no, hang on... happy day-after-your-birthday-and-beyond! =)

Have a hug for now... *hug*... and remember that us guys do actually notice all the effort that girls go through for balls. In saying that, I'm really glad I don't have to do all that...

The parents thing is a tricky one... It's hard for both the children and the parents sometimes. Growing up generally sucks, but it's good once you can start to relate to your parents more as an adult. I think it can be hard for them to change from treating you like a child and instead like an adult... I liked to remember the beatitude 'blessed are the peacemakers' with my parental disputes. It's strange, now that I see my parents for perhaps only 2 weeks a year, I don't take them for granted any more. But I digress...

Have a smile. =)

In fact, have a few...
=) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =)

4:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home