Friday, July 02, 2004

ouch, tonight, and Shakespearean rantings

-->
aah... my neck ache has now turned into shoulder/back ache. *yay* sweet sweet back ache is a thousand times better than neck ache! At least i can think! Go the warrior!

-->
If you want to do something with me tonight, and i sure hope you do cos i am bored! Then text me/call me/email me/comment on this post ANYTHING I SAY! or if you are doing something that i am permitted to also do! anything for this sad, bored loser, lol!! ha ha.

-->
*grin*
And for the second thing i want to attend to:
My only love sprung from my only hate!/ Too early seen unknown, and known too late!/ Prodigious birth of love it is to me,/ That i must love a loathed enemy.

But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?/ It is the east, and Juliet is the sun/ Arise fair sun and kill the envious moon/ Who is already sick and pale with grief/ That thou, her maid, art more fair than she./
It is my lady, O it is my love;/ O that she knew she were!/ She speaks yet she says nothing. What of that?/ See how she leans her cheek upon her hand./ O that i were a glove upon that hand,/That i might touch that cheek!/
O speak again, bright angel, for thou art/ As glorious to this night, being o'er my head,/ As a winged messenger of heaven.

O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou, Romeo?/ Deny thy father and refuse thy name/ Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love
and i'll no longer be a Capulet/ 'Tis thy name that is my enemy:/ Thou art thy self, though not a Montague./ O be some other name! What's Montague?/ It is nor hand, nor foot, nor arm, nor face,/ nor any other part belonging to a man./ What's in a name? That which we call a rose/ By any other name would smell as sweet:/ So Romeo would, were he not Romeo called,/ retain that dear perfection which he owes,/without that title. Romeo, doff thy name;/ And for thy name, which is no part of thee,/ Take all myself.

Goodnight, goodnight, parting is such sweet sorrow,/ That i shall say goodnight till it be morrow.

Wilt thou be gone? it is not yet near day:/ It was the nightingale, and not the lark,/ That pierced the fearful hollow of thine ear./ Nightly she sings on yond pom'granate tree./ Believe me love, it was the nightingale.

It was the lark, the herald of the morn;/ No nightingale. Look, love, what envious streaks/ Do lace the severing clouds in yonder east./ Night's candles are burnt out, and jocund day/ Stands tiptoe on the misty mountain tops./ I must be gone and live, or stay and die.

Yond light is not daylight; i know it, I:/ It is some meteor that the sun exhaled/ To be to thee this night a torchbearer/ And light thee on thy way to Mantua./ Therefore stay yet; thou needst not to be gone.

Let me be ta'en, let me be put to death;/ I am content, so thou wilt have it so./ I'll say yon gray is not the morning's eye,/ 'Tis but the pale reflex of Cynthia's brow;/ Nor that is not the lark whose notes do beat/ The vaulty heaven so high above our heads./ I have more care to stay than will to go:/ Come, death and welcome: Juliet wills it so./ It is not day.

It is, it is! Hie hence, be gone, away!/ It is the lark that sings so out of tune/ O now be gone! More light and light it grows.

More light and light, more dark and dark our woes.

Aah.... *soft sigh* pleasurable Shakespeare to warm my cold day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Philotas said...

*shudder* Shakespeare! *shudder*
damn that English assignment in Grade 12! oh yes... I WILL have vengence! :P

^_^
speaking of aches and pains, on the camp i was just at, one of the campers pulled a muscle by sneezing while he was eating! :D

Just thought that was a quite random comment to insert here! :)

Hope your night wasnt Boring, my cousin across the waves!

1:32 am  
Blogger Morgan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:19 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

Morgan- you are da shizz! tis nice to find another true Shakespeare fan (that is if you really are!)
However, im not Juliet, lol... say no more, say no more... dont want to be done for plagarism

Philotas - when i come to Aussie im gonna shout shakespeare at your window in the middle of the night just to hack you off!! tee hee hee! just you wait, little Auss-man

5:21 pm  
Blogger Morgan said...

well yes i have always been partial to a little shakespare.
no more of that poem i promise, don't wanna get u in trouble.
tis all for this spaxe.

10:04 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

oh sorry... you didnt have to remove the post - i guess you have to know the background - My friend has this girl that he likes, who he referes to as Juliet. and i dont want to poach his idea, cos im not his Juliet, so i didnt want to start any confusion =)
Anyways... i dont really like Shakespeares works that much, i just like the sound of reading the words out loud... very musical or something =)

4:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home