Thursday, March 17, 2005

Letter to bloggy

Hello Blog. I have missed you, dear friend. Let me read you something of the email i just wrote to Dan who has gone across the ditch for a while.

"You just lost the game!

As for me, i'm immune. I figured out a strategy. After New Years Eve, everything reminded everyone of the game. 'Rangiora', 'Dan', 'lost', 'game', 'Steve', Sally crying "oh no"; everything brought back unwanted memories about the hated game. Finally I realised the answer.

If i was always thinking about the game, then there was no way i could lose it, because I hadn't truly forgotten about it.

A revolution had occured.

In my every waking moment, i thought of the game. I freely let it wander my mind. Always it was in the back of my thoughts. Dark, lurking, freely exposed.
For a long time, i did not lose the game. Could not lose the game. Until one deep and trecherous day, when thoughts of the game slipped my mind. A month may have passed before one day, it popped into my head. I cried aloud, with deep anguish, "I JUST LOST THE GAME" I could feel my sanity slipping away. I reached for it, but the game obscured the precious.
Ever since that fateful day I have vowed to never again forget the game, to beware its all-consuming power."

Heh heh.
So blog, did you miss me? It's been a while since i've written to you, rather than to the throngs of desperate readers.
I'm glad that you cannot see me, as i have dark purple shadows under my eyes, wild staring eyes, and dishevelled hair.
Interesting facts for the day:
-In Ireland, weekly rent is about $150-$200. Hourly wages are approx. $15. Weekly earnings are about $600. Take off your $200 rent, and another $100 for extras, and you're making $300 a week. Hurrah!
Oh bring on Ireland, 2006.
-I need a good haircut. If I find a curly-headed hairdresser, she can be granted the priviledge to cut away! (did you know i have an awesome shaggy faux-mullet, blogger? I had blonde streaks done for Parachute '04 and they gradually turned orange. Finally i got sick of them in February '05 and cut them out. The lengths of my hair are almost down to my waist, and these new short bits are just above my ears. How attractive!
-Blogger, not being able to sleep has impaired my ability to drive!! I didn't really believe that it would, but it has! I am not safe on the roads!
-Bloggy buddy, i need some help. i am looking for a person who can play guitar and possibly sing, to join my cell group. I am also looking for someone with better bible knowledge than myself to be my co-leader. If you know of anyone who is interested, please send them my way.

Goodbye for now, old friend. See you soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin C. said...

So is just a letter to your blog? To other bloggers? Well whatever it is, it is very interesting. Not in a bad way. I just have never seen anyone do this before. Looks like your the first.

3:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home