Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Wednesday 16th February

Dear Friends,
Your sisters in Christ, Ruth, Ray, and myself, are having a few issues with our dwelling. We have only one key, the floor is mildly wet, and the landlady has changed details in the tenancy agreement. We are in good spirits, however your prayers would be appreciated at this slightly trying time.
Blessings,
Michelle


Dear God,
Help, I need you. I don't know where you are and what you are doing, but i'm scared. I've had abuse screamed at me by the former tenant, the lease date has been changed by two weeks, the landlady wont write a carbon copy of the tenancy agreement, the last tenant has 3 sets of keys to the house, he flooded the kitchen, dining room and hallway (which is sopping wet and smelly), the landlady "doesn't like the way we are going about this", etc etc.
Are you trying to teach us something? Or are we not meant to be in this house? If not, where is another house for us to live in? Should we get a 5 bedroom place for cheaper and get 2 boy flatmates?
I've been so stressed out since looking began in December last year. Thats almost 3 months of constant ringing and driving. And rejection. Nobody likes students. Why didn't i get that perfect house in Ilam road? Why didn't we get the house in Truman road when there were four of us? Or Ilkley place?
I DON'T UNDERSTAND, GOD!!! We are upset, and losing hope, and I can't see you.
I don't understand, God, and I'm so tired.
Your daughter,
Michelle

1 Comments:

Blogger Philotas said...

strength mate. this is just another one of those things that happens. dont let it get to you.

My advice. I would get a place for cheaper, like that 5 bedroom place you mentioned, and get some other housemates. doesnt really matter whether its guys or not. we really arent all bad!

The main thing that sticks out at me is this: the landlady wont sign a carbon copy? get out. thats thin ice youre treading on. that means she has a lot of leeway legally and can basically do whatever she wants.

Find a better place, one that doesnt have former tennants with attitude problems. Dont consider staying there if there is that much wrong with it i reckon.

8:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home