Tuesday, August 24, 2004

hot? miracles can be small, and Gran votes Andrew a 'nice young man'

Firstly, go here
And you must give me at least a 10 or i will kick your sorry behinds...!! My friend Ben put me up... and he's gonna pay if i do badly, lol...! Way to dent my fragile self-esteem!

I think sometimes we forget that God works in the small things as well as the big things. Sometimes we're so busy hanging out for the obvious miracle that we miss the small one.
I'm really happy about Mike's undie experience, God was so obviously working there, even though it may seem trivial =)
Anyway, tonight for youth cell group, Liz and I (Liz is my second in command) (i *puffs out chest and looks important* am the main leader) (thats right! ME!!) didnt get there in time to pray beforehand, which i was really bummed about, cos its all good and fine to pray in your head, but theres something about praying together... So by the time we got to the host house, most of the cell group girls were there. Anyway we went inside and i decided to just pray in my head... and next thing the girls all decide to go out for a moment (admittedly i think it was for a smoke... but it was still a blessing, ALRIGHT, lol!)... perfect opportunity for us to pray!!!! So Liz, Janet (the lady whose house we meet in) and I had time to sit down and pray, and just as we finished, the girls came back into the room!! Isn't God cool!! He cares about the small as well as the BIG!!

I really feel like we've bonded with the girls. Well i dunno about Liz.. there were a few things she said tonight that even made me cringe... but the girls seem to like me. And i'm not being big-headed, just they genuinely seem to like me ... which is really awesome, cos i was worried they wouldn't!!
So yay for new beginnings! i was really apprehensious about this group, but it seems to be working out. And i'm really praying that God would reveal himself to these closed hearts.
Go you good thing you, God! he he!

Oh yeah - and one last piece of funniness - I was showing my granny my pictures from the CU Ball today, and she thought Andrew Wallace was a bit of alright!! She was like "He looks like a fine young man!" "he doesn't look as weird as the rest of them" yup. Go Andrew! You get the granny vote!! You da man! *grin*

8 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

Yeah! Go Andrew!

11:49 pm  
Blogger Nathan said...

And this link doesn't work...

11:50 pm  
Blogger Nathan said...

Ok, I peeked into your html, and found why there was no link.
there needs to be something between the <a> and the </a>, otherwise there's nothing to link.

Here's The Link

11:52 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

lol you can tell the geeks :) They both see a missing link think about it for a sec then look at the html to find out whats wrong and why it's not showing up! Unfortunatly can view the link my families isp considers the site R-Rated and won't allow any one to view it :P. So Guessing what it's about from the link how does 90 something (98-99?) out of 100 do? :P

Not that I know exactly whats at the other end of the link. Seeing it could be an image, or a description or some sort of quiz thingy. Most likely to be an Image I'm thinking from the website's url.

12:54 am  
Blogger Notions Incognito said...

lol! Heh heh... Go Andrew!

You take a youth group cell? Good for you - it's good to do.

10:20 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

thankyou observant geeks :P I noticed that last night but couldnt figure out what i'd done wrong... should all be working now :)
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Chadwick :) Its a sight where you post pictures of yourself and people rate you out of 10. Yourself and SAM get many brownie points for voting me above 10 (however, you know you'd be in the dog box if you didnt, he he)

Reubs - i um am not as nice as i sound... i didnt volunteer/want to lead a cell group - apparently i've just 'got the goods' so i got chosen, lol!! But its gonna be good... its getting me passionate, which is cool.... and the girls are all 15/16 (except one 13yr old who sneaked in!) and really not what you'd expect! They smoke and party and fool around with boys, and wear tarty makeup, so i was a little afeared of them at first, lol...
But God's fully doing stuff, which is so awesome :) I can't wait to tell these girls that God loves them so so much, and he's got an awesome plan for them. They're still getting used to the idea of God, so that will be a bit later, though.
Plus i'm really amped to share my testimony, i actually can't wait to tell them all about how i battled with depression, and tried to kill myself, but how such a realisation of God's deep deep love for us set in.... :)
aah... its gonna be awesome :)

3:43 pm  
Blogger Andrew said...

LOL.
The "he doesn't look as weird as the rest of them" bit intrigues me though... clearly you haven't shown her the photo of me wearing Katherine's great grandmother's feather boa thingy. And what were the rest of them doing that looked so wierd in comparison to me?

This reminds me of the time I'd had some friends around and mum was asking me afterwards exactly who was who, trying to associate names with faces... her primary description of one of them (who I calculated from further discussion was Nathan) was "the good-looking one". ;)

-Andrew,
loved by grannies everywhere

3:50 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

i dont know whether this is sad, amusing or awesome, but i DID actually show the picture of you in the feather boa to Gran... and i said "he doesnt look so normal in this picture, gran" And she said "oh he still looks like a lovely young man... much nicer than the rest of them"

HA!!
you da man, Andrew!!

6:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home