Friday, December 02, 2005

want to watch this movie?

its amazing how once you begin working time becomes so precious and valuable. This morning I had the fantastic joy of sleeping in (til 7.45) and of being able to read the Press! (Morning paper) I also had the luxury of shaving my legs and putting on a load of washing! (oops, speaking of which... i put it in the machine but forgot to turn it on... be right back)
(good work, agent walker!)
Plus I had time to ring two people who'd left messages asking me to call them (2-3 days ago), and arranged the afternoon off work (with the two devil children) so I could go to a job interview, and arranged another job interview for Monday afternoon. (yay!!) Then I went to the doctor, and came home and checked emails.

This precious chunk of time that I have won back is great. Life, as cold and dull as it is outside, is beautiful.

My nanny work is weird - i wake up at 6.30, and stumble out to work at 7.30. I get home after 6pm, so tired and ready for bed by 8.30. I spend my day with two terrible children who call their mum (or each other) bullhead bitch face, hit and pinch each other, manage to have one awful fight per day, and at least two tantrums for their mum per day. They know that if they yell and hit and scream they'll get what they want to shut them up, and they know that their mum wont follow through on her threats to punish them or put them in the naughty room.
The Mum is odd... she's very nice, but its like the whole world revolves around her, respects her and bows down to her, except her kids. She texts or reads briscoes pamphlets while she's driving, treats retail people like they're her servants, is into detox, herbal body wraps, star signs, chinese astrology, buying lotto tickets, and keeps telling me I should move in with Adam.

Its like being in a movie.... yesterday was the craziest day! Anyway, Its kinda cool that God is giving me this weird opportunity, teaching me to value whatever life throws at me, to rely on Him for strength, and i even have the opportunity to be Jesus to the family. And I only have twelve more days to go. Thankyou, God for beginnings and ENDINGS!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

It's crazy how so many kids have no respect for their parents and blatantly call them names and stuff! I would ever call my parents those names that the kids you look after use!! : )

On the plus side though - I'm glad you got to have a bit of precious time off!! : )

**hugs**

11:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home