Saturday, May 14, 2005

the elusive quest for balance

I’m really confused. This afternoon/evening we had our prayer time and it was really awesome. We lit a few candles, shut the curtains, had a bit of music playing, and walked, sat, whatever. Very relaxed really =) Ray, Jeremy B and I prayed for an hour and then Steve arrived. We were getting a bit stale, but old Steve, fresh from his week of prayer fully kicked some life back into us and we went until 7pm. It was a really good time of praising and thanking God, repenting, and praying for our friends/families/New Zealand/the World. Very cool.
But now I’m feeling confused. I need to work out my balance. Where is my line between trying to win people for God and enjoying myself? What I mean is like, we spent 3 hours getting desperate before God and then talked rubbish for the next 3 hours. Should I spend all my time speaking of God? Or is it okay to muck around? Argh.
What am I supposed to do with all this passion? This love? This desperation for God?
Am I supposed to spend hours a day in prayer? Should I go out and help other people? Or would it be ideal to find a balance?
But what about Uni/work/small group/friends? How do I fit it all in? ARGH!!

What it comes down to is that I get so caught up in this life that I forget we have a bigger purpose. I don’t want to keep being so attached to this world that I don’t want to go home…
Am I allowed to like this world? Am I allowed to take joy in my friends, those I love, the things around me?

Okay well that’s enough ranting for today. It’s wigging my brain out.
However, I do want to do the big prayer thing again, so I will suggest the 10th June as a tentative date. Probably from 7.15 onwards, and at our place. =)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey thanks for that, Mr Five star! I'd forgotten about the talents- each according to his ability...
Thankyou =)

10:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home