Wednesday, January 11, 2006

i can afford to live!!!

I begrudgingly swallowed my pride and went in to Work and Income last friday to see if i was eligible for the unemployment benefit. I haven't received a letter from them yet, but I only today checked my bank account, and it turns out they like me. I have money! I can pay my rent! i can afford to buy a new t-shirt! (isn't it funny how last years ones look funny now?) (or you think 'why did i ever buy that?')

Thats a huge weight off my chest! And if I'm careful, I may even be able to afford the money killer in a few weeks - two weeks of double rent plus bond.

I even paid my rent a day in advance.....

yay =)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have money again, I got money from them a few years ago, the problem was they wouldn't stop giving it to me....

Joy =)

12:47 pm  
Blogger Christina said...

Joy - I don't get it, how is that a problem? :P

Michelle - hooray!! that's fantastic! *Virtual hug* I know what you mean by last year's t-shirts eh :)

6:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe yeah, that doesnt sound like a problem, but then i guess you have to pay their money back and all that, which can get nasty...

I was quite impressed that they started paying me the very day that I went in to apply for the benefit... =)

9:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home