Thursday, January 05, 2006

the best dictionary in the world

Alright, I know some of you have been dying of curiosity to know about my new dictionary. Well today is your lucky day!

I am a geek, and I love dictionaries. I love sitting and browsing through them. For Christmas I got some whitcoulls vouchers, and so off I went to buy the dictionary of awesomeness. Now I am usually an OED person, rather than a Collins, but the Collins ones were silver and pretty, and there were many varieties to choose from. The Oxford ones were more pricey and there wasn't such a big selection. Then I found it, my beloved dictionary. Its a Penguin, and is chunky and white. It has over 1600 pages of words, happy words. It has definitions for weblog and gutted, has suggested pronounciation, word origins, and even quotes from famous authors. For $40 I am very happy. So happy that I sometimes sit down and just look up words to see what my lovely new dictionary says about them.

=)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

You're special. In your own special way. No one else is special in quite the same way as you.

10:47 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

yay! Katherine thinks i'm special!

11:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home