Friday, December 16, 2005

funny how God doesn't fit in any boxes...

Sometimes I don't understand God. Not that other times i completely understand God, but occasionally I'm seeing a pattern and other times His ways appear totally confuzzling!!

Anyway, what I'm confused about now is that I've been praying for 2.5 years that God would heal my neck. I've been praying for 7 years that God would heal my depression. I've been praying for 13 months that God would help me understand "church". Those things haven't had hugely obvious or miraculous answers, and I've become vaguely discouraged, sometimes doubting the efficacy of prayer. (Although my faith hasn't become dented because of this, whereby I know others whose constant disappointment has created chinks in their armour) (not that I'm saying i'm superior - just that I get chinks from other things) (but at times I feel dents from the lack of overt answer-age from God) (er anyway...)

Lately I've been praying for jobs for Mike, Christina, Adam, and Myself, among others, but I've seen these answered. Did you hear that? Mike got a job earlier this year as an Engineer. Hoorah! Something he actually trained for! Christina's had three jobs, not in things she's trained for, but its still a job, growing and stretching her (sometimes close to breaking point), and hopefully God has a rest period in store for her! Adam just got offered two, yes two (glutton) graduate structural engineering positions, and has just accepted one. Yay! And I've had a nannying job, as trying as that has been (someone teach me the move that the penguins in Madagascar do on the captain of the ship!) and have just been offered a position with a library close to where i'll be living in 2006.

Isn't God confusing! But oh so great. What a faithful God. What a mysterious and secretive God, but what a wonderful God. =)

1 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

hoorah! if it wasn't for the new riccarton library, I would make fendalton my local :P Hope you enjoy it :) Jobs eh? They're such bastards to get :D

5:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home