Thursday, December 29, 2005

the bookcase of my dreams

I have wanted a bookcase for years. One with more than one shelf, but not a big tall one, that I can proudly alphabetise or sizeise (what is the term for that?) and categorise my books in. My parents have been meaning to get me one for years (sure...) but just didn't get a roundtuit. (i'm telling you, the roundtuit is a mythical creature)
This year my Aunty gave me an old cane shelf unit that i was intending to use as a bookcase, but I stored it at Heln's brothers flat when I moved house and I've never gotten around to getting it back. (lucky there was a 'getting' in there or i'd be talking about the mythical roudtuit again) (great new way to dump unwanted stuff - leave it at Heln's brothers place) (he's a boy - he'll never notice) (just like dirt) (boys never notice dirt) (and by 'never' i dont actually mean never... i mean 'often dont') (phew. hope no boys are gonna kick me for that) (is anyone else finding this post confusing?)

er was i talking about something?
oh yeah - the bookcase of my dreams. As I was saying, i vaguely had a bookcase for this year, but I misplaced it, so I've just gotten by with my books in a box. Well, some of you may know that I fell in love this year (quick, get my puke bucket) and that a boy fell in love back with me (okay, thats enough lovey-dovey stuff) but we all know what boys in love are like. Well one day I was moaning about not having a bookcase (as i do so well) (moan, that is), and I remembered that my Prince Charming is an engineer (manliness alert), so i just fluttered my eyelashes at him and asked him to make me a bookcase. And as i said, we all know what boys in love are like - he said yes.

Well actually he ordered me one off trademe, but its almost the same as making one.

But that bookcase didn't have a back. And my dream bookcase must be small, but not too small, have a back, and hopefully be dark brown. (none of this fancy painted stuff) So my Prince Charming offered me his bookcase. (Everybody say 'aaww')
And its great.
It has its own little spot in my room, between my comfy chair and my desk, it has two main shelves and half shelves on the top and bottom, and is a beautiful dark brown. It gives me warm fuzzies just to look at it. It is perfect. I love it. My room is complete with that bookcase. I am smiling at it affectionately now as we 'speak'.

I really like my bookcase.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Wooo! Bookcases are the roxxor! Yay for you and your whooped Prince Charming :P (Oops - did I say "whooped"? It just slipped out, I swear) That's so awesome! Bookcases are so majestic. I've got my brother's old one, it's got 3 shelves and already I've got enough books for another 3. Hmmm... maybe I should get me an engineer?

1:35 pm  
Blogger Luuk Paulussen said...

That sounds almost predatory...

6:44 pm  
Blogger Scotty said...

How does one misplace a bookshelf?

1:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home