Monday, July 16, 2007

Sponsor a Child

Is anyone out there interested in sponsoring a child through TEAR Fund? I recently rejoined as an advocate, but now that I'm not working or in a church I'm finding it hard to "advertise" for them.
It is pretty similar to the more well known World Vision approach, although TEAR Fund have more of a Christian content, and a large focus on micro-enterprise (Basically empowering the poor to be able to help themselves, rather than relying on handouts, and providing loans so that they can start their own businesses). It is $40 per month, and the money goes to the community in general, but in a way that your child will benefit - eg water pumps, education, clothing, food, immunisation, etc.

At the moment I have a profile of an African Boy, and an Indian girl, otherwise you can specify the country/sex of the child you wish to sponsor and TEAR Fund can send you one.

At present, I sponsor a girl in Nicaragua, and it is so wonderful to receive her letters and drawings. I really believe that I am special to her, and that I am making a difference in her life. We have her photo on our fridge, and pray for her sometimes, and she really feels like a part of the family!!

Please let me know if you are interested. $40 a month works out at about $1.30 a day, and when you put it like that, its nothing really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home