Friday, July 13, 2007

The Sock Lord

I was SURE I had recently bought a pair of black merino socks, but strangely, when I remembered their existence, weeks after purchasing them, and searched through my drawer, they were nowhere to be found. Suddenly, I remembered the COLOSSAL SOCK THIEF that lives in my house....
so I searched the Monster's pile of socks on the dresser, half an hour later I searched the pile in the washing basket, three hours after that, I searched the Monster's draw. First I found a small-looking sock. AHA! I cried, MY SOCK! Alas, when I tried it on, the heel came nearly to my knees. Still I searched, when, pushed to the back of the draw, obscured from view, I found.... MY SOCKS! Like Cinderella with the glass slipper, I gingerly slipped my feet into a cosy black sock. It fit perfectly.
Without delay, I rescued the pair of socks, transported them to a place of security and peace.
And to think, if I had not rescued them sooner, a gargantuan foot may have deflowered them, spoiling their innocence and shapely form.
Live on, black socks, today has brought your freedom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home