Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Exciting news!

I have some exciting news!

Adam and I have a new addition to the family.

Well, more than one addition.

And to our house, not our family.

We have rats.

Yes - rats!

How exciting!!

They are living in our roof, and have been for possibly quite some time. The Pest control man said that they have been having a ball with walnuts (from the neighbours tree that drops nuts into our yard), playing a sort of rat football with them up in our roof, and creating tracks around our ceiling space. He also said that they can jump up to 6 metres, so they have probably been getting in to our roof by climbing the shrubs in our garden, and jumping on to our gutter. This is exciting stuff. I kind of want to see them, but I'm not sure how safe (or easy) that would be - especially seeing as we're attempting to poison them. They might bite me to avenge their baby rat's deaths.
I've gotta admit. Even the thought of being bitten by a rat is kind of appealing. Adventurous and dangeresque...

But never mind, I wont try it. I'll leave the rats to die their noisy deaths.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Ha ha ha ha relief! I saw your post on RSS and before the scrolldown all I saw was "we have a new addition to the family" and thought, Oh no! She's pregnant!

But dirty smelly disease-ridden rodents are so much better :P

How's things?

10:07 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

Heh. I don't think it would say "exciting news" if I were pregnant, lol.

Yes - dirty, smelly, disease-ridden rodents are actually exciting, and far more happiness-inducing than babies (for me anyway)

8:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home