Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A game I got from a blog on my husband's reader (Scott):

Rules:

* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.

* Turn to page 56.

* Find the fifth sentence.

* Post that sentence along with these instructions in a note to your blog (and on the comment section of this post).

* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

My sentence: Her hat had fallen off.

Hehehehehehehehehe. I thought I was going to get an awesome one - as the book is about the Third Reich! (Fatherland, by Robert Harris)(and no, not *that* Robert Harris..)
Now I want to do this with all my books!!

All 384 of them!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Mine was "If you do, you'll have problems" from Usability Testing and Research. It's sad that the closest book to hand is my textbook (literally a few centimetres away). It's even sadder that I'm still using it daily for my final, last, never-ending assignment.

It's a good sentence though :)

6:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One is reminded of the dictum of the Muslim theologian MAlik (712-795):

God is on the throne
The fact is known
The manner of it is unknown
Faith in it is necessary
Enquiry about it is heresy.

9:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home