Monday, July 23, 2007

Leave the Light On

I need to keep
the light switched on
so darkness stays away
and horrid thoughts
that overwhelm
can be kept at bay

I'm shrinking fast
there's not much left
bar skin and clothes and bones
where have I gone?
what makes me me?
You'd think even I would know

But all i have
are angry curses
and darkness and despair
thoughts of running
escaping life
finding some peace somewhere

Its awfully bright
and empty, so
I think I'll turn it off
Darkness, again,
slides around me
familiar but unsafe

Could you please come
and be with me,
hunched here in the corner
remind me that
you do exist,
restore me to myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Philotas said...

Hey Chelle!

Evil advisor Sam, finally returning from a long absence! (Yeh, Blame Kelly for that!)

What happened to Little Miss not walker?
All I see are reviews :) Let us know how you're getting on :)

Hope everything is going along swimmingly! :) (now that is an odd adjective...)

rar!

SAM

3:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home